During the guarantee period products will be repaired or have parts replaced at the discretion of the Company free of charge provided that:
- The product or any parts are returned to Westminster with proof of purchase. Westminster must be contacted prior to any arrangements to return any product and before any third party repair is carried out.
- The product has been purchased by or for the user for normal domestic or commercial use.
- The product has not been misused or handled carelessly, and has not been willfully damaged, neglected or used in abnormal conditions. Please see “Materials” and “Product Cleaning” for guidance on maintenance.
- The product has not been modified, altered or transformed in any way and repairs have not been attempted other than by Westminster staff or on their instruction. The guarantee will be valid only if maintenance has been carried out in accordance with Westminster furniture care instructions. Westminster will not be responsible for any defects to furniture due to the application of teak oil, stain or any other cleaning product.
- The word “defects” as used in the guarantee is defined as imperfections that impair the utility of the product. The guarantee does not apply to normal wear and tear of the product such as wood checking, fading and weathering, however Viro weave comes with a 3 year guarantee against fading. Normal wear and tear is defined as “the normal deterioration that is received by regular use.” The guarantee does not cover dents, rips or scratches to the product. Cases where products are damaged on delivery will be investigated, and must be reported to Westminster within a 14 day window.
- The guarantee does not cover damage, loss, or other conditions beyond the control of Westminster such as damage resultant from unauthorized repair, infestation, negligence, misuse, improper handling or abuse, acts of God such as: wind damage, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, fire, and any other events due to natural causes.
- Parasols are in the closed position during windy conditions and appropriate base stands are used.
- Guarantee only applies to garden furniture products from our 2014 range onwards, and purchased after the 01st of September 2013 and is valid in UK and Eire only. Furniture purchase before this date, please contact email@example.com
- Returns apply up to 30 days from time of purchase. (Please see Delivery T’s & C’s for further information).
- Faulty products will be collected for repair or replacement within UK mainland. Outside of this area it is the customers responsibility to return and collect goods to and from Westminster head office in Uckfield. Alternatively a collection and return charge can be quoted.
- If a particular product is no longer available Westminster reserve the right to use an alternative similar product or substitute a current model.
- The benefit of this guarantee cannot be assigned.
- This guarantee does not cover any rights other than those expressly set out above and does not cover claims for consequential loss or damage.
- It will be Westminster’s decision how to resolve complaints made under warranty.
- To obtain information or assistance on any warranty related issues please contact the store where the furniture was purchased or alternatively contact Westminster directly.
- This Guarantee is offered as an extra benefit and does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer in any way whatsoever.
Westminster Teak Ltd, Unit 2 Birch House, Brambleside, Bellbrook business Park, Uckfield, East Sussex, TN22 1QQ